Donation to Book/Learning
Help Start A Child on A Life of Reading
OSFB distribution of books is designed to help enrich reading for ages children to seniors. Children of guests, as are all guests, visiting the food bank for hunger relief, may select age-appropriate book(s) to take home at no cost.
Food Bank Literacy Program:
The Food Bank’s Literacy Program accepts books [used or new] and financial donations in its effort to improve literacy in our community. Books are offered freely to clients of all ages but with an emphasis on the children. Our experiences with clients prove the premise that our families have a hunger for books – specially for their young children.
Children need food to grow up healthy and books to support literacy health. Select one of the predefined amounts or enter your personal giving choice.
Per the OSFB Articles of Incorporation, only human food may be purchased with (general) donated funds. However, if you wish to donate funds for books please note that request on your donation form. OSFB will honor those requests as designated funds for books.
Developing a love for reading and literacy, especially at an early age, can encourage success throughout their education, career and life. If you have any questions about donating to us please email us at:
- A smile on the face of a child who has never had their very own book
- The gratefulness of a parent to be able to take books home to their children and read to them
- The delight of an immigrant mother when she spotted a sixth-grade level book on the American Revolution—a topic she is studying to gain United States citizenship
- A sincere ‘Thank you” from a single mom making $7 an hour and can barely pay rent, much less buy a book for her daughter
- The joy of seeing children break from their parents and head straight for the books when they come through the door