Come Be A Part of The Solution!
Dedicated and Compassionate
The Ocean Shores Food Bank knows that volunteers are the key to its success. We see this everyday as OSFB volunteers help gather the food, raise the money, and feed the hungry. The food bank is an all-volunteer organization, no one is paid. We work together, enjoy each other’s company, and respect one another, and we extend that sense of respect, and kindness to our guests/clients. For more information on volunteering, you can email us at:
Interested in volunteering? <Click here to complete our interest form and submit it>
Still not sure? <Click to read actual comments from our volunteers>
Among the Benefits:
- You will experience the joy of helping others, not at a distance, but up close and personal.
- Working with friends and neighbors, you help make Ocean Shores a better place to live.
- It’s fun! You meet wonderful new people as you help others.
- Stocking shelves (and almost every other task) is great exercise!
- You’ll stay younger, longer.
- You will be helping those in our community who are most in need.
What Do Volunteers Do?
The food we distribute to the needy is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to volunteer needs. Don’t get us wrong. If you have a compassionate heart, we would love you to serve on distribution days. Sign up today!
However, distributions require a great deal of preparation. We could also use your help in the following areas:
- Stocking shelves
- Repackaging bulk foods
- Cleaning the facility and equipment
- Unloading trucks and storing items
- Logging in donated food from food barrels
- Assembling emergency food bags
- Driving to pick up donated food
- Lending your professional expertise where needed (i.e. electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
Here is where you could help on distribution day
- Staff the counters
- Restock shelves
- Talk with and assist clients
- Register clients
- Help clients get their groceries to their car or bus
Here is where you could help on other days
- Help engage in our public outreach efforts
- Staff our information tables at convention center events
- Work food drives at the IGA
- Assist with our fund raising events
If gardening is your passion
You can help grow fresh produce in one of our eight garden plots at the Garden by the Sea (Ocean Shores’ Community Garden). We need people who can:
- Tend/water our garden plots
- Help weed
- Harvest our fresh produce
Want to know more about volunteering?
Volunteers who are interested in any of the above and/or enjoy gardening should drop by the food bank on any Tuesday morning between 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 p,m. or email us your interest at: